Nikolaos A. Granitsas
Date of birth: 16 of September 1952
Marital Status: Married, 1 child (male)
Doctor’s office: Sisini 31, 115 28 Hilton, Athens
Mobile: 6945 46 00 10 (secretary’s office)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate of the American College of Athens, class of 1971
- Graduate of the Athens medical school, 1979
- Athens University PhD, 1984
- Specialty in Orthopedic Surgery, 1985
- Member of the Hellenic association of orthopedic surgery and traumatology
- Member of the Athens Medical Club 056639
- Member of the GMC 3143 485
Greek, English, Italian
- 1979-1980 Laboratory of Pharmacology University of Thessaloniki
- 1980-1981 Hospital of katerini (rural medical practitioner)
- 1981-1982 Hospital of Nikaia Piraeus, Surgical year, Director Β. Leoutsakos
- 1982-1985 Kat Hospital University Clinic, Professor G. Chartofilakidis – Garofalidis
- 1986-1987 UK NHS – East Birmingham Hospital, Mr Polyzoides, FRCS.
- 1987-1988 UK NHS – Royal United Hospital. Bath, Mr. P Bliss, FRCS, Mr. D. Dankerley FRCS, Mr. J. Kirkup, FRCS.
- 1988 Univercity Hospital, Cardiff Mr. D. Jenkins, FRCS, Mr. J. Young, FRCS.
- 1989 Hospital of Voula, Attending Doctor.
- 1989-1998 Cooperator in Athens Medical Center.
- 1998 UK NHS – Royal Orthopaedic Hospital Birningham. Visiting Doctor, Mr. Tubbs, FRCS, Locum Staff Grade Good Hope Hospital.
- 1999-2004 Manager of Department of Orthopedics of the Clinic “IASIS” of the Athens medical group. In this Clinic, I have created a fully equipped Orthopedic Department and I received the first private license for a Clinic for Total Arthroplasty with standard agreement health care with the public in the southern suburbs.
- 2004-March 2014 Director of Orthopedics, at the Metropolitan Hospital.
- March 2014-Present: Athens Medical Center (Marousi)
- 2016-Present: Research associate and surgeon at the American Medical Center, Nicosia, Cyprus
Experience in Orthopedics
A full range of Conservative and Surgery treatment of the patients. Significant experience in local infusions to treat pain disorders of the spine.
Specialty in joint replacements, arthroscopic surgery and sports injuries. In particular, the replacement of hip joints, with the MEDACTA AMIS technique. This is the most modern minimally invasive accesses with rapid mobilization of the patient. In knee joints the MEDACTA MyKNEE replacement is used and we are the pioneers for Greece and Cyprus
The result is comparatively better towards any other joint.
Experience in the treating fractures with all surgical and conservative techniques. Specialized and innovative techniques for disorders of the hand/arm and foot deformities.
Special non-surgical pioneering techniques for Spinal disc herniation (lumbago) and intervertebral disc herniation. These techniques are official medical operations.
- PhD thesis: the action of cimetidine in neuromuscular Synapse and the interaction with other drugs. University of Athens, Professor D. Baronos, Chair of Pharmacology, Athens 1984.
- Active participation in an experimental doctoral thesis of the surgeon M. Ketentzoglou entitled: “Study of auto transplantation of the splenic tissue”, Athens University, 1982.
Technology, excellent knowledge of computer, photography, motorsports, history, philosophy.
Dimitra P. Togantzi
Date of birth: 7th of October 1956
Marital Status: married, 1 child, male
Doctor’s office: 13 Sisini street, 115 28, Hilton, Athens
Telephone: 210 72 29 090
Fax: 210 72 13 794
Mobile: 6944 30 17 95 (secretary’s office)
Email : email@example.com
- Experimental High School of Patras, 1974.
- Athens Medical School graduate, 1980.
- Athens University PhD, 1989
- Specialty in orthopaedic surgery,1986
- Member of the Hellenic association of orthopedic surgery and traumatology.
- Member of Athens Medical Association. 025173
- Member of GMC 3193 284
Greek, English, German
- 1980-1981: Laboratory of Pathology, University of Patras, Director: Professor D. Mponikos
- 1981-1982: Hospital of St. Andrews of Patras in the orthopedic clinic, Director: P. Spyropoulos – Professor of Athens University.
- 1982-1984: Hospital of St. Andrews of Patras, two-year training in General surgery, Director: Professor of surgery, Dim. Viskos.
- 1984-1986: KAT Hospital, University Clinic, and Professor: G. Chartofylakidis-Garofalidis UK-NHS – British health system as an employed surgeon.
- 1986-1987 UK-NHS – East Birmingham Hospital Διευθυντής: Mr. Polyzoides, FRCS.
- 1987 Lewisham Hospital, London, Διευθυντής: Mr. Paul Allen, FRCS.
- 1987: Director: Mr. D.Dankerley, FRCS, Secretary of the Association of surgeons of the Upper Limb in Great Britain.
- 1988: UK NHS – Royal United Hospital, Bath, Director: Mr. J. Kirkup, FRCS President of the International Association of surgeons of the lower limb.
- 1989-1994: Orthopedic surgeon at Evgenidion Hospital.
- 1994-2004: Orthopedic surgeon at the Athens Medical Center and the White Cross Hospital
- 2004-Present: Research associate and surgeon at the Metropolitan hospital and the Athens Medical Center
- 2016-Present: Research associate at the American Medical Center, Nicosia, Cyprus
Experience in Orthopedics
Full range of Traumatology and orthopedics of Cold Therapy (surgeries and diagnosis), with specific interest in diseases of the upper and lower extremities and the spine.
- Upper limbs: Specialized surgical procedures and diagnoses in upper limb disorders, involving the nerves too (e.g., carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar neuritis, tendonitis, ganglions, etc.) with highly innovative and effective techniques
- Lower extremity: specializing in surgical treatment of deformities of the foot, for the management of pain, functionality and the aesthetic improvement of the foot image (e.g. bunions, crooked toes, calluses on feet-Metatarsal Fracture, etc.). Surgical expertise as an employed surgeon at the foot clinic of Hospital R.U.H. (Bath), with Director the President of the International Association of surgeons J. Kirkup FRCS.
- Spine: Specializing in modern techniques to treat the spinal pain (low back pain, sciatica, cervical syndrome, dorsodynia). These techniques consist of topical administration of drugs to the point of the injury, aiming at the therapy of the patient.
PhD thesis on fractures of the vertebral arch – University Clinic of Athens, 1989.
- Fractures de I´ apophyse odontoide de I´ axis Congres International de Chirurgie Orthopedique Montpellier, 1985
- Unstable Fractures of Thoracic and Lumbar spine treated Conservatevly First annual meeting of the Greek Orthopaedic Association, 1985
- Hellal arthoscopy, F.U. British Orthopaedic Association Brighton, 1991
- Silastic Total arthroplasty of the Hallux Valgus – Rigitus(bunion). The first English-language paper in the world. Posted on the magazine “THE FOOT” in 1989.
- Speeches and published articles on foot disorders, osteoporosis and back pain in journals and newspapers, radio stations, TV (on NET channel) and live from the stand.
Ongoing and sustained scientific activity with speeches and articles. Continuous update with participation in Greek and international conferences.
- Music, Piano, phonetics, Accordion (first prize of the conservatory of Patras – State Conservatory).
- Painting, colored pencil. Watercolor.