Nikolaos A. Granitsas
Date of birth: 16 of September 1952
Doctor’s office: Sisini 31, 115 28 Hilton, Athens
Mobile: 6945 46 00 10 (secretary’s office)
Email : email@example.com
- Graduate of the American College of Athens, class of 1971
- Graduate of the Athens medical school, 1979
- Athens University PhD, 1984
- Specialty in Orthopedic Surgery, 1985
- Member of the Hellenic association of orthopedic surgery and traumatology
- Member of the Athens Medical Club 056639
- Member of the GMC 3143 485
Greek, English, Italian
- 1979-1980 Laboratory of Pharmacology University of Thessaloniki
- 1980-1981 Hospital of katerini (rural medical practitioner)
- 1981-1982 Hospital of Nikaia Piraeus, Surgical year, Director Β. Leoutsakos
- 1982-1985 Kat Hospital University Clinic, Professor G. Chartofilakidis – Garofalidis
- 1986-1987 UK NHS – East Birmingham Hospital, Mr Polyzoides, FRCS.
- 1987-1988 UK NHS – Royal United Hospital. Bath, Mr. P Bliss, FRCS, Mr. D. Dankerley FRCS, Mr. J. Kirkup, FRCS.
- 1988 Univercity Hospital, Cardiff Mr. D. Jenkins, FRCS, Mr. J. Young, FRCS.
- 1989 Hospital of Voula, Attending Doctor.
- 1989-1998 Cooperator in Athens Medical Center.
- 1998 UK NHS – Royal Orthopaedic Hospital Birningham. Visiting Doctor, Mr. Tubbs, FRCS, Locum Staff Grade Good Hope Hospital.
- 1999-2004 Manager of Department of Orthopedics of the Clinic “IASIS” of the Athens medical group. In this Clinic, I have created a fully equipped Orthopedic Department and I received the first private license for a Clinic for Total Arthroplasty with standard agreement health care with the public in the southern suburbs.
- 2004-March 2014 Director of Orthopedics, at the Metropolitan Hospital.
- March 2014-Present: Athens Medical Center (Marousi)
- 2016-Present: Research associate and surgeon at the American Medical Center, Nicosia, Cyprus
Experience in Orthopedics
A full range of Conservative and Surgery treatment of the patients. Significant experience in local infusions to treat pain disorders of the spine.
Specialty in joint replacements, arthroscopic surgery and sports injuries. In particular, the replacement of hip joints, with the MEDACTA AMIS technique. This is the most modern minimally invasive accesses with rapid mobilization of the patient. In knee joints the MEDACTA MyKNEE replacement is used and we are the pioneers for Greece and Cyprus
The result is comparatively better towards any other joint.
Experience in the treating fractures with all surgical and conservative techniques. Specialized and innovative techniques for disorders of the hand/arm and foot deformities.
Special non-surgical pioneering techniques for Spinal disc herniation (lumbago) and intervertebral disc herniation. These techniques are official medical operations.
- PhD thesis: the action of cimetidine in neuromuscular Synapse and the interaction with other drugs. University of Athens, Professor D. Baronos, Chair of Pharmacology, Athens 1984.
- Active participation in an experimental doctoral thesis of the surgeon M. Ketentzoglou entitled: “Study of auto transplantation of the splenic tissue”, Athens University, 1982.
Technology, excellent knowledge of computer, photography, motorsports, history, philosophy.